Our team helped breathe new life into a symbol of Canadian history and heritage: the West Block of Parliament Hill. We supplied and installed mechanical upgrades along with a state-of-the-art building automation system while overcoming the challenges of renovating a large building whose construction dated back to the mid-1800s.
The age of the building, its size (310,000 square feet/28,800 square meters) and unique floorplan made for a complex renovation requiring extreme care and well-reasoned designs. To ensure smooth execution, Modern Niagara managed and coordinated all mechanical subtrades and specialists involved in and self-performed piping and sheet metal.
We also supplied and installed:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (supply, return, exhaust, humidification)
- Sanitary, storm, condensate, hot water, steam, chiller water, venting and domestic water systems
- Gas systems for the new boilers, refrigeration systems, building automation systems, and life safety systems (including a new smoke evacuation system)
- Closed-loop heat pump and split air conditioning units for all communication rooms, IT rooms, electrical rooms and UPS rooms
- Mechanical insulation for HVAC and piping