Mountain Equipment Co-op wanted its Vancouver head office to reflect the company’s innovative spirit and commitment to environmental sustainability. Our team helped meet those goals with energy- and resource-efficient systems that reduced energy intensity by 68% and lowered potable water consumption by 60%.*
Modern Niagara’s work also contributed to the building’s LEED Platinum certification, thanks to features including:
- A high-efficiency mechanical system
- Geothermal wells with ground-source heat pumps
- Systems to generate heat and chill water during off-peak hours and store it in thermal tanks for use the next day
- Three large wind/ventilation towers
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures, waterless urinals, rainwater harvesting and other water-conservation features
*Compared to the Model National Energy Building Code (MNEBC) reference building.