York University’s Farquharson Life Sciences Building provides state-of-the-art facilities for research and teaching. Modern Niagara delivered systems essential to this modern and innovative environment including security, lighting control and a refurbished ventilation.
To deliver the needed systems at the lowest cost, Modern Niagara took a systematic approach to the mechanical and electrical work. Services included:
- 3D design and modeling (BIM) and design assist
- Fire alarm, retrofitted with the building in operation
- Lighting control
- Upgraded electrical distribution system, consolidating the electrical services from three buildings to one.
- Mechanical wiring
- Main switchgear upgrade to 4000 A
- Refurbished ventilation system for main laboratory
- Automatic transfer system (ATS) and generator