Shaw Centre (Ottawa Convention Centre)
Location: Ontario – Greater Ottawa
Market Sector: Sports, Recreation, Culture
Delivery Method: Design-Assist
This Tier 2 convention centre achieved LEED-NC Gold certification and it substantially increasing the city’s ability to host large conventions in the heart of the nation’s capital.
The new Centre features an environmentally friendly design, sets new standards for sustainable practices, serves guests with advanced technology, and provides a landmark setting for memorable meetings for decades to come.
We are proud to have provided the mechanical services and fabrication for this award winning project. Its accolades include:
- City of Ottawa Urban Design Awards – Award of Merit – Urban Infill (mid- to high-rise) (2011)
- Cintas Canada Ltd. – Canada’s Best Restroom Contest – Top Nominee (2011)
- Canadian Design-Build Institute (CDBI) – Award of Excellence (2012)
- General Contractors Association of Ottawa (GCAO) – Award of Excellence – Buildings $15 Million and Over (2013)
- Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) – People’s Choice (2012)
- Consulting Engineers of Ontario (CEO) – Willis Chipman Award (2013)
- Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) – Design Excellence (2012)