Location: Ontario – Greater Toronto
Market Sector: Sports, Recreation, Culture
Delivery Method: Design-Assist
The first FIFA-certified soccer field in Canada, BMO Field is the home of the Toronto FC as well as Canada’s National Soccer Team. Faithful soccer fans make use of the exceptional number of plumbing fixtures that Modern Niagara installed there.
Modern Niagara completed the original design-build of this 20,000-seat, 30-box soccer stadium on time and on budget, despite incredible time pressures. The plumbing system is completely drainable to permit the open stadium to remain unheated all winter. Office spaces have been integrated into the structure, and fans enjoy food and beverages thanks to the services we ran to each vendor’s space.
We were also the mechanical contractor on the Summer 2015/2016 expansion of the stadium, which included the addition of a full size canopy over the stadium, as well as:
- 8,400 additional seats with related washrooms and concession stands
- 12 new executive suites and two party suites
- A new full-service kitchen for restaurants, suites, and clubs
- Two new private clubs for 230 and 420 patrons respectively
- Expansion of the existing Rogers Club from 500 to 750 with an upgraded look adn feel, improved food, beverage, and washroom facilities
- Larger full HD videoboard
- A new second-level concourse around the South end of the stadium
Our Building Services division continues to provide proactive mechanical maintenance of the facility.