Bayshore Shopping Centre
Location: Ontario – Greater Ottawa
Market Sector: Retail
Delivery Method: Bid and Spec, HVAC Service, Mechanical Construction
Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa has undertaken a $200-million redevelopment that will boost the centre’s retail area by 300,000 square feet.
Modern Niagara provided mechanical construction and upgraded the centre’s building controls system, including:
• System upgrade and installation
• Zone controls and air handling unit controls
• C02 sensors and snow-melt controls in multi-level parking garage
• Hard-wired rooftop units with BACnet interface
• Exhaust controls in the food court
• Monitoring of kitchen ecology units
We completed the project in two phases. First, we renovated a large portion of the exiting mall. Next, we constructed a new food court and wing. We worked closely with the general contractor (PCL Constructors) to meet the unique needs of each tenant.
We also played an integral role in maintaining a fully operation shopping centre during construction, by implementing temporary services while new systems were installed.
Modern Niagara Building Services continues to service the shopping centre.