144 Wellington Street
Location: Ontario – Greater Ottawa
Market Sector: Government
Delivery Method: Bid and Spec
144 Wellington Street – formally named the Sir John A. MacDonald Building – was originally built in 1930 and owned by the Bank of Montreal before being acquired by the Government of Canada. It is one of the Parliamentary Precinct buildings in Ottawa, used by the Prime Minister’s Office for parliamentary business and special functions.
We provided all mechanical construction elements for the heritage renovation of this special building, including new plumbing, an HVAC system, fire protection system, and mechanical insulation.
We incorporated Building Information Modelling (BIM) into the planning stage of this project. Using our 3D modelling platform, we carefully planned intricate details and made informed decisions early in the project.
The project demanded detailed planning and coordination. The building’s underlying structure was preserved to retain its historical significance. We were also careful to consider public safety in this high-traffic downtown area.