Health Hackathon for CHEO Gets a Boost from Modern Niagara
Modern Niagara is a Community Collaborator Sponsor and will provide talent for the Health Hackathon for CHEO.
Scheduled to be held at Shopify in Ottawa on April 28, the hackathon will pair programmers with physicians and doctors to create innovative solutions for healthcare.
In addition to providing sponsorship funds, three of Modern Niagara’s staff will be participating:
- Bruce Yi Zhou and Stephen Sharma will provide their programming skills.
- Terry Kelly will liaise with a pediatrician to translate the idea for a healthcare application into technical requirements.
- Shauna Pollock will provide design-thinking and prototyping expertise.
Hacking Health aims to transform healthcare by connecting healthcare professionals with designers, developers, innovators and entrepreneurs like you to build realistic solutions to frontline healthcare problems that can be integrated and implemented into our healthcare system.
Modern Niagara is proud to support the event, which brings together several of our realms of experience, including:
- Healthcare buildings and the people they serve
- The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- The Shopify offices and Performance Court building
- A commitment to supporting the communities in which we work and live